Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

Because I rarely have ideas of my own, I have stolen this one from Matt.

It is a list of my top 5 worst songs ever. To view Matt's list click here.

1. Flying Without Wings - Westlife because it got to number one it inspired them to keep going and keep releasing more songs. This is a waste of ear-space on anybody with half a gene of musical taste. Most things I can see a merit of. This filth I cannot.

2. Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams: despite nobody who's probably ever listened to this being alive during 1969 or having any idea of the fun-loving hedonistic times of 1969, it seems to inspire all drunken students to declare 'tune' despite the fact that clearly it isn't.

3. Any of the output from Cascada - or as Edith Bowman referred to earlier as Chavcada. Listened to by pissed up twats and chavs, Cascada seems to just moan about not having a boyfriend or similar things like that. It doesn't match with the shit upbeat nature of the song. Oh and she's got a face I'd like to slap. Cheer Up Love.

4. Let It Be - The Beatles: because I wholeheartedly agree with Matt's sentiments on this one. It's shocking that after a whole host of excellent songs, this pile of shit should be allowed to be included in their repertoire. It does sound like a hymn, and being as I have spent my life avoiding Churches for good reason I don't need this crap forcing it upon me.

5. Anything from those Hardcore dance albums. Because I can't figure out why anybody would possibly want to listen to this crap in their house, when presumably they only didn't mind listening to it because they were so pissed/drugged up they had lost function in their ears. Anybody that buys these CDs for enjoyment pleasure should be rounded up and shot at dawn. It's the kindest thing really.

Well, anybody who's got any suggestions, please send them in and perhaps with enough power behind us we can banish these songs by raiding HMV and snapping in half any of the CDs that appear with them on. Computer geeks get working on a very specific virus to wipe out the mp3 versions. The rebel alliance shall rid the world of this filth. Oh and anyone who disagrees with me - wonderful. I'd love to meet you.

And as Matt says, the following ending is soaked in a post-modern realisation at the lack of purposeful writing influences and causes, it's suitably minimalist, but also refreshingly defeatest in the time of overkill:

I can't think of a good way to end today's blog.

1 Comment:

  1. WhiteRabbit said...
    I like flying without wings

    i was so choked up with emotion after being referenced twice in one blog i didn't comment yesterday. I was also ashamed at appearing such a pretentious ponce.

    i'l write a new blog soon for you to copy :) with the help of your writer's block

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home