Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

Exposing Doorsteppers

So, npower have been revealed for using underhand tactics to sign up clients when doorstepping. It certainly strikes a chord with me, as I was nearly recruited by one of these types of companies myself.


I managed to get through to the "second round" of interviews (despite not having any clue as to the actual job title or description) and was whisked away to sunny Slough in the car of a chap I had never met before to help a woman sell Talk Talk to the unemployed.

She wasn't successful in even getting in anyone's house let alone signing anyone up. She seemed quite nice, but then again I had revealed I was a journalism student, so perhaps she was wary that I was going to do a massive expose. She did tell me however that the policy was not to sign up anybody over 70, so any old folks that answered the door she had to think of a polite way to say no thanks love, we've got a reputation to think of.

This blogging lark is turning out to be quite fun. I never expected to be posting every day. Mind you it is only day five. Give it five weeks and then see how often I'm posting. Maybe the ideas will have run out by then.

Me and Jen were going to go to the park today but it was too cold and even started snowing, so we gave up, came home, ate crisps, bitched and watched the Top 20 Boybands on The Hits. Take That won but there was no mention of A1 or 911. Truly a travesty.

I watched Doctor Who last night, but it was pretty much lacking in nationalism and patriotism, so that was a big disappointment. It was however full of weird looking things made out of human fat. Now that's odd. Oh and Billie Piper. Odder.

I was very disappointed yesterday because West Brom didn't make the FA Cup final. Only because I'd declared in the Echo that I wanted them to win. I don't want to be spotted in the street and laughed at. That's the ugly side of fame. At least Cardiff won today, so half of my wish came true. All I can say is I'm glad I was safely tucked inside and not out there with the scary fans. Those Cardiff ones have got some reputation.

So it's back to England tomorrow. Exciting times. I won't deny the best thing about this is getting to eat a Marks & Spencers sandwich on the train home. The worst part ... not being 1 minute away from the Co-Op, that's got to put a dampener on anyone's day. Still, got Budapest to look forward to on Friday. I am country hopping like mad this week. At least photo of the day might be slightly interesting.

Anyway, I'll let you get back to doing something more interesting.

Ciao for now.

xxx

1 Comment:

  1. WhiteRabbit said...
    the whole idea of having to sell stuff instead of it selling itself is "underhand tactics" isnt it?

    I don't like Abba. Weren't we married once?

    im just going for a ramb.

    Be happy

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home